Facebook Icon
phone: 231-893-8555
CONTACT US
Currently Bell’s Clearance Center
Downtown Whitehall
Bell’s of Whitehall got its name from the original owner, George Bell, who first opened the doors in 1954. Gene Thielman bought the store a short time later and his son Chuck Thielman became a full-time partner after graduating from college in the early 1970’s. The Thielmans had a two-pronged strategy for converting the small-town shop into a regional attraction --- expanding the size of the store and improving its products. Several adjacent buildings were purchased over the years, the walls were knocked out and the showroom galleries were gradually expanded into what currently includes more than 40,000 square feet. All the while, as the store continued to grow, the Thielmans continued to seek out only the finest makers in the furniture industry - names that today have come to include such prestigious designer brands as Thomasville, La-Z-Boy, Lexington, Hooker, Stanley, Smith Brothers, Flexsteel, Canadel and many, many more! Following on the success of the Main Store, Bell’s Clearance Center was opened in the summer of 1994. A building was rented and only intended to serve as the location for a temporary three month clearance sale. However, the event was met with so much positive response that the Thielmans elected not only to continue the permanent operation of a “Discount Center”, but also to relocate and expand upon it. Since ‘94, what has become known as “The Bargain Hunter’s Paradise” has grown into several thousand square feet of showroom space spread across two full levels and located within easy walking distance of Bell’s Main Store on Colby Street. Today, Bell’s is still owned by the Thielman family and continues to remain focused on the traditions of quality and value that have made it the “first choice” of furniture shoppers for more than 60 years.
116 E. Colby Street, Whitehall, Michigan 49461 © Copyright 2015 Bell's of Whitehall, Inc.